EarthBox Automatic Watering System Additional Information
Posted by Chris Wong on December 18, 2012 0 Comments
Why We Love It
The EarthBox Automatic Watering System allows you to keep your EarthBoxes watered even if you don't have time to water them on a regular basis. The system uses a series of sensors along with a series of patented valves and the water pressure from the hose to keep your boxes watered - all without batteries or electricity. Each sensor works independently, which means that you can connect a box of tomatoes along with a box of herbs to the same system and each one will get only the amount of water they need. It won't overflow the boxes and each pressure regulator can be connected to up to 30 boxes within 60 meters or 200 feet or the spigot. The water regular is the most important piece and controls the pressure from the tap to 20psi. It comes with a washer screen to prevent debris from getting into the tubing.
Each EarthBox Automatic Watering System comes with a set of written and visual instructions. It does a great job of outlining how to setup your system. Download a pdf version of the automatic watering system instructions.
Additional Setup Notes:
The instructions provide a lot of great information on setting up the system. We've included a few other tips that we've found useful in setting up the kit.
- Attach the hose attachment first
- If you only have one outdoor tap, we recommend using a Y splitter so you can still attach and use your hose at the same time
- If the tap connection is very tight and close to the wall, use a short hose extension to allow easy installation
- Open up the tubing the day before installation to allow the tubing to uncoil and make it easier to unravel.
- To attach the tubing to the connectors, use rubber gloves to allow you to get a good grip and securely attach the tubing to the connector
- You can also use a hair dryer to heat up the tubing to make it easier to attach to the connector
- Mineral oil can also be used to connect the tubing to the connectors
- Ensure each sensor is securely placed inside each watering tube and is pushed all the way to the bottom
- Use the forks to securely attach it to the watering tube
Worth Its Weight in Gold The AWS keeps a constant water level in the Earthbox...a godsend during peak growing season, esp. in hot climates. Recommend you order early as Earthboxs mfr sometimes cannot keep up with demand. I Wouldn't Earthbox Without These! I am a lazy gardener. I have to say, I have 18 earthboxes in my yard, and all of them are on the automatic watering kit. I would not have an Earthbox garden without it! I plant my garden and don't touch it again until harvesting! I love it.
Order your EarthBox Automatic Watering System from our online store today.